Hello Laurel Parents,
In partnership with the Delaware Department of Health and Quidel, The Laurel School District is offering free, weekly COVID-19 testing for all of our students beginning the week of November 15. To expedite the process, we recommend that you pre-register your student through Primary.Health’s platform: https://my.primary.health/l/laurel-schools
The link above is specific to The Laurel School District. Registration will take no longer than 5 minutes to complete and will only need to be done once.
Here is a little more about the testing program and process:
- Testing is voluntary but highly recommended. It is free of cost to you, so no insurance information is needed, nor will you ever be asked to pay for these tests
- Testing will primarily be done through self-swabbing and will be monitored by medical staff on site - school staff will not be conducting the testing
- The test being used for this program is the Quidel QuickVue.
- Results and communication will be shared electronically to the email and contact information used for registration
- If your student tests positive, the school will contact you directly
- Testing at Laurel is on Mondays. LMHS at 7:15a.m. in the fitness lab; LES at 8:00a.m. in Room A141 (across from the nurse’s office); NLELA at 1:30p.m. in Room 22.
Thank you for helping us stay safe and prevent outbreaks! For questions, please contact Mrs. Susan Whaley, Director of Student Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shawn C. Larrimore, Ed.D. Superintendent of Schools