Establishment and Statement of Purpose
The General Assembly of the State of Delaware enacted an enrollment choice program within the public school system of the State for the school year beginning July 1, 1996. It is the goal of the General Assembly to increase access to educational opportunity for all children throughout the State regardless of where they may live.
School Choice Application Information
Criteria for Approval of Applicatoin
Criteria For Disapproval of Application
Pupils Suspended, Expelled or Truant in District of Residence
The following information must be scanned and uploaded with the online application and/or with paper copy submitted to The Laurel District Office.
- Most recent 2020-2021 report card
- Final 2020-2021 report card
- Attendance records that include absences and excused absences
- Discipline records to include suspensions and expulsionsOnline application process begins: Monday, November 2, 2020 (8:00am)
- Online application process closes: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 (4:00pm)
- Parents will be notified of enrollment status by: Thursday, March 18, 2021
- Parents notify district/school of Acceptance Decision by: Wednesday, March 31, 2021
For additional information on The Laurel School District School Choice Program, please refer to policy as found under "Forms and Downloads" (JN_School Choice Program Policy) or contact District Office at 302-875-6103.